Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Finals

So I am half way done with finals (and taking a little break from studying). I took three finals on Saturday. One was scheduled and the other two I chose to take then. I actually did quite well and felt fine cramming that many tests into one day. I did very well on my nutrition final which made me extremely happy. That was the last one I took and all the while I was studying I just wanted to take it so finally I broke down even though I wasn't sure I had studied everything. I ended up getting a 92% my best score of the semester in that class.
The funniest and awkward part of the day was during my clogging final. It had two parts, our own duet choreography and our teachers choreography. We did our teacher's dance first. I had practiced and felt good about it. We tested in groups of three. My duet partner, me and another girl went together. The sequence for the dance went A A B C D. C is a breather step; it is made up of simpler steps so that you can catch your breath before the end. We got through B alright but then for some reason all three of us blanked out on part C. I have never blanked out during a dance before. I really had no clue what step I was supposed to be doing. I kept dancing, but was just doing basic kick steps over and over because I didn't know what to do. The only step I could think of was the pull-back step which starts part D. Anyway we all kinda stood there not really doing the steps for about 16 counts (which felt like eternity) then on part D we came back in and finished the dance. I didn't really care because I was just taking the class for fun and it was my second time taking the class. I hadn't struggled before then so I didn't really care what my score was I was more just a little embarrassed because that 16 counts was very awkward.
Just thought you might want to hear that funny story, especially for those of you that have ever just lost your place in a performance of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment