For the 4th of July weekend Lin and I decided to go camping, just the two of us. We went to Nebo Creek in Spanish Fork Canyon. It is amazing there. You are camping right next to the creek and there is nobody next to you. It was so beautiful. Here are some pictures I took when we first got there of our campsite and the creek.
We brought our sweet, 8 man tent that we bought at our ward boy scout yard sale, but somehow we forgot to bring the stakes. Lin, the handyman, found some sticks and made some stakes for us.
 |
| Lin whittling away |
 |
| Our awesome fire pit all cleaned out and ready to use. |
 |
| Two of the completed stakes. |
 |
| Our tent finally set up. |
After we go settled in we went fishing down the creek. We didn't catch anything, but it was still a lot of fun. and so peaceful away from everything. Lin brought his waders and made me promise not to laugh at him in them. They do look kinda funny, but I would have liked some myself. I ended up just wading in the water.
After awhile of fishing we left our poles on the bank and took a stroll down the river. We had a boat race (Lin's stick won) and took some pictures.
Sorry the middle picture is blurry I think I was trying to take a picture of our "boats".
After our stroll we headed back to camp. We hiked on the road instead of back up the river. When we got to our stuff Lin slid down this steep pathway to get our gear. Then he was stuck and walked up the river to our site while I walked on the road.
 |
| First part of slide |
 |
| Second part of slide which was much steeper. I am not sure what is causing that streaky part in the corner but it kinda looks cool. |
 |
| Lin in the creek and me on the road. |
We made tin foil dinners and had smores with marshmallows and those fudge striped cookies. YUMMY!
One of the best parts of the trip was breakfast. Lin cooked bacon and eggs over the fire in our cast iron pans. It was some of the best bacon I have EVER eaten. You may think this is gross, but the fat tasted like candy. It was that good, and I don't normally like the fat.
 |
| Sizzle Sizzle |
 |
| The best camp chef ever! |
 |
| Yes the bacon gets this close up picture just to make you jealous. It was seriously so delicious! |
I love your blog! you guys have so much fun! I want to go camping with you!
ReplyDeleteAs for your curtains in your front room, if you still want them, wash them in your tub or in your washing machine. If you don't want them, come check out all the options I have at my house!
And, washing walls: ummm, try filling your sink with water and adding a half cup of vinegar or so and then just wiping down the walls with an old dish towel, washcloth or t shirt.
Thanks I actually have to figure out how to take the curtains off the slider things cause they are huge and heavy. I think I will need Lins help.
ReplyDeleteOh! If they are the same as mine were i can do it! Put me in coach!
ReplyDelete