So my clogging teacher at BYU, Greg, owns a clogging studio in Orem and it is one of the best in the nation. His team wins the national title quite often (you can't win if you won the year before). The other day I asked him if he had any openings in any adult classes and he said I could probably come on his premier team in June or September because that is the end of the season. I was really excited because I want to experience dancing in a studio before I try to teach on my own. Today I came to the class I TA for him and he asked me what my Wed nights are like. I told him I occasionally have folk dance stuff but other than that they are free. He said he was talking to his team on Wed night and they just started learning a new piece. He had mentioned that he had someone who wanted to start in September and then realizing they currently have an odd number on the team he asked them if he should just see if I would start now. They said yes and so today in class he asked if I would start next week. So next Wed I am officially a member of Premier (I think that is the name) with The Rocky Mountain Express clogging studio. It will be a jump from my current skill level but Greg says I will be just fine.
The dance they are learning is to "Celebrate" and is 80s themed. The costumes are 80s warm up attire. So I will now be competing at Nationals in May (I think) AHHHHHHH!!! I can't decide if I am more nervous or excited.
You are definitely more excited than nervous :)))) nationals are gonna be awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI am already not very nervous anymore. It was more just of the unknown. I have never really danced in a studio before, but I love it so far. :)
ReplyDelete