So school this semester is crazy, busy, and awesome all at the same time. I am taking 15.5 credits 13 of which are public health related the other two are dance classes :) I don't remember what I have posted about school already so there may be some repeats. I am taking stress management, mind/body health, and consumer health which I feel are all very related. So far in my stress management class we have been talking about the physiological effects stress has on your body and how it changes your mind or attitude. The next unit is on stress management techniques and how to promote good stress and eliminate bad. My mind body health class is one of my favorites. It is basically about how the mind, body, and spirit are all one and if one has problems it leads to problems in all areas. We have talked a lot about what negative thoughts and comments due to your being and the results are pretty amazing. Basically everything we are told in the LDS religion and scriptures plays a role in this overall health. We are told to be happy, have joy, rejoice, have gratitude, serve others, be slow to anger, seek uplifting things, don't drink or use drugs, eat healthy, get enough sleep; all of these have a physical, spiritual, and mental affect on you. It is simply an amazing class. We also talk about alternative and complimentary medicines and it is really interesting. I would say I am on the middle road between modern medicine and complimentary. I really feel there is good and bad to both. My consumer health class is really interesting but the author of the book is very bias towards science and basically considers all alternative medicines as quackery. My teacher tells us to keep an open mind but we are learning about all of the "miracle" drugs and devices that are fake or actually do harm and how to be smart consumers when it comes to our health. It is an interesting class and very opposite mind/body health.
My other class is a technology and health promotion class. It is ok, but I know how to do a lot of the stuff already; it is still pretty interesting and I am excited to work on my blog for the class.
Other than that I have my folk dance team class which I love. We are performing our Ukrainian Hopak that we have been learning at Rec Night tonight. We also just found out that we will most likely be doing a Hungarian bottle dance for the Christmas show. The men will be doing a Hungarian stick dance. I am excited and a little nervous hopefully I can keep the bottle balanced on my head. (For those who don't know what I am talking about look up Hungarian Womens bottle dance on utube) I also have beginning country western square dance which is required for the Folk Dance minor. It is an easy class and just super relaxed and fun.
I am also the TA for advanced clogging. That is crazy exciting because the dances we are learning this semester and ones I have never learned so I am learning/demonstrating as Greg teaches. Pretty sure I have made a fool of myself a few times already, but I don't really care and I just love to clog.
No comments:
Post a Comment