Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Wonderland!


We FINALLY got some great snow in Utah. I don't remember having this much fresh snow in a couple years. This is how I remember winter as a child. The trees lined with snow, laden down. piles of snow on the sides of the street. YAY!



Pile from the plow and the bulldozer
I convinced Lin to come out and play in the snow with me. Yes we are adults, no we don't have kids, yes we were playing in the snow :) First we made a snowman due to the lack of coal we used rotten apples from our apple tree (gross I know but we didn't have anything else) Presenting. . . . Arnold

Yes those are abs if you are wondering. Lin had a great time carving them.


Because the snow was so incredibly deep in our backyard I decided to attempt to make a snow angel. It was awesome. It kinda looks misshapen because the snow was so thick and heavy.


Lin's hands were getting cold so we decided to shovel the walk then call it a day. Do to the perfect packing ability of the snow we shoveled the walk and then got in a snowball fight. Well I was throwing snow balls; Lin was using the shovel. . . Unfair. Then we each built snow forts in the front yard (thankfully the people that cleared our road put a pile in our yard) and had a real snowball fight.
Lin's wall

Behind the wall

Yes this was staged, hence I am not actually throwing the snowball anywhere :)
I claim the victory because I hit Lin more than he hit me and I got him in the face (while his eye was open, sorry honey!) I think all of our neighbors were jealous because they looked out their windows and another one waved as he drove past (I think he wanted to come play too). They all seemed to be enjoying the fact that we were acting like we were kids :)

After our snow day we went inside and watched a movie. We were both exhausted. Ha Ha I forgot how tiring it is to play in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment