So my other great news of the day (read the next post down to hear the first news:) ) I heard back from the lady I contacted at American Leadership Academy. I had sent her an email asking her if ALA would be interested in starting a World Dance Geography class. It is an idea I have had for awhile and I finally feel like I actually have the knowledge to do it. I got an email back from her today saying that if I send her a explanation of the class asap she will present it to the Fine Arts Chairman and see if we can get it into the curriculum. So I have written my paper and had it proofread by my brother and my sister. Now to wait and see how it turns out. I really want it to work and start this coming Fall, but I would be willing to return next year if for some reason they wanted to wait until I graduate. I will be honest It scares me alot to think about having my own class, where I am in charge, I plan what we do, make sure it is done, etc; it also excites me though. I seriously think about this class all the time. I wanted to plan lessons instead of do homework last semester. It was hard to be productive when I wanted to create choreographys, study about other countries, but instead I had to do the work to get grades :( I enjoyed all of my classes last semester for the most part, but I just wanted to learn what I felt was important to my future plans.
Well keep your fingers crossed that this will work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment