So I had a great find today at DI. I went there looking for some 80's neon attire I can wear for my clogging team. We are dancing to Celebration "Celebrate good times . . . C'mon!" I wasn't finding anything too good in the women's section so I went to the girls section. If I really want to I can usually fit in the biggest girl sizes especially if it is only for a short period of time and if it is something stretchy. I looked and looked and then I saw two pairs of neon green leggings. Luckily one size was extra large. I also grabbed a short jean skirt and a baggy white t-shirt. I went and tried them on in the dressing room. They looked great and I was excited. They were literally fluorescent. I wanted to see if there was a different color skirt so I went back to looking around through all the clothes racks. As a I passed one of the ladies suit racks I saw this crazy one piece suit; it was a mauve color and kinda baggy. I would have tried it but the torso was so long that the crotch was at my knees but the end of the legs was only at mid-calf length. I decided to look on that same rack and see if by chance they happened to have any other one piece items. As I was sliding clothes along the rack I saw it. . . . sticking out from the bottom of all the other clothes. . . . purple foot straps. I hurriedly pushed the other clothes aside and saw the most hideous, hilarious, perfect, wonderful, shiny, purple unitard hanging on the rack. I snatched it up (not that anyone else was going to take it but. . . . . ) I rushed to the dressing room trying not too look too excited and trying not to laugh out loud. When I tried it on I knew it was the one.

More pictures to come of the finished costume!
No comments:
Post a Comment