Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Garden

So I have been actually making great progress on my list (summer to do list from a few blogs ago). So far I have:
  • Emailed a course concept sheet to ALA, and just waiting to hear if they will add my class to their curriculum.
  • Finished 3 discs (a little over 6 hrs) of home videos
  • Planted my garden
I am very excited about my garden. I planted a lot of stuff this year and a lot of new things I haven't grown before. My peas have come up and some are almost an inch tall; my carrots have also come up but are not tall enough to thin yet; I just planted a bunch of starts from my mom including: tomatoes, peppers, basil, onions and leeks; then I planted zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, pumpkins and butternut squash. The last list will eventually only be one plant each just because my garden plot is kinda small.
I am excited to see how the butternut and the pumpkins turn out I have never attempted them before.

2 comments:

  1. That is cool with the ALA thing. What's your major again? I've always wanted to teach a journalism/graphic design class at Sp. Fork High. Who knows. I'm still trying to decide what to do with school...I'm impressed with your clogging! Can't wait for Saturday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Public Health Promotion. To teach at a public school you have to get a teaching certificate that is one of the reasons I am looking into charter schools you don't need a teaching certificate just whatever qualifications they desire (seems mostly experience in the field). I also feel they would be more open to a class like that as well.

    ReplyDelete