Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Lin's Surprise

So on Monday the 14th Lin texted (is that a word?) me and told me he had a surprise. Usually this isn't a good thing; he isn't the flowers or chocolates type. Anyway I asked if I was going to like it and he said no. This got me worried but he reassured me that he was okay. Around 4 PM he FINALLY got home and low and behold his right pointer finger was wrapped and splinted. I asked him what happened. Here is his story:

They were working on a road in Heber (for those who don't know Lin works for a road construction company that specializes in putting the cement collars around utilities, manholes, water valves, etc.) His brother tilted a lid and bell (what the lid sits on) because there was a small chunk of brick beneath it that was causing problems. Lin stuck his hand under to grab the brick as his brother was telling him to get a shovel to get it out. Right as his hand went under the lid and bell slipped and fell right on his hand. They got it off of him and Lin looked at his hand; it was extremely beat-up and bloody. He realized he needed to go get medical attention pronto. Amazingly enough despite being crushed by over 600 lbs he only needed 25 stitches in his first finger and had some nasty scraps on the back of his hand; no broken bones, no tendon or nerve damage just a very ripped up finger.

Here are some pictures I took of his hand.





I am trying to get the picture his boss took at the clinic after they cleaned it up and before they started stitching. I am very glad that he was not hurt worse he definitely had some extra protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment