Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update on Summer To Dos

So I thought as a check for myself and an update (if anyone really wants to know) I would post an update on my summer list from April. Here we go:
Plant a garden-- It is doing pretty well. A few of my plants keep getting eaten but the tomatoes, peppers and peas are thriving. I also planted some transplant beans from my sister, we will see if they survive. . . .

Bottle and dry fruits, sauces, etc-- I haven't done much with this I need to figure out when the fruits I want to make jam with and bottle are at the peak of their season. But my sister and I are going to bottle shredded chicken in the next couple weeks, so I will keep you posted on that.

Deep clean my house (cause it needs it)-- I started out great with this I deep cleaned my kitchen. . .. then I started to dwindle. I did clean out my closets though and I got rid of a lot of needless things. I still haven't deep cleaned the bathroom or the front room. I just hate washing walls and I am not sure how to clean the huge drapes in our front room; any suggestions are welcome.

See if I can get a teaching job at one of the charter schools-- I don't remember if I already posted this, but Meridian School wants to hire me to teach a 4-6 week intensive course in Jan or Feb. I am really excited because it will be a great start to this class. I will be able to see if it will work or not and if it won't I only have to make it work for a month.

Start teaching clogging-- no success here. I can't find a place I can afford to rent when I only have one students whose parents want to barter for lessons. I am up for the barter, but I want at least a few paying students before I rent a place.

READ for FUN-- I have already finished one Agatha Christie book and am in the middle of another book.

Go camping-- I have gone camping once already and Lin and I are planning to go again this weekend :)

learn how to sew some type of clothes (I can only really sew curtains, blankets, anything with a straight edge)-- I haven't started this one because I am trying to get out of some other projects before I start in on this one.

Finish putting the home videos onto DVD--I have successfully captured every video to my computer, completely burned discs 1-3, currently I am finishing burning all copies of disc 4 and hope there is only one disc left. 4/5 not bad.

Relax--Even with all that I have accomplished on this list I have relaxed and it has been needed and wonderful. I have not been totally controlled by the clock which is great and I would love to live my life that way.

Looking at my list I am glad with how this summer is turning out. There are still things I want to finish on the list and other ideas still in my head, but I am liking where I am headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment