Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 5

We have moved on to. . . . . Spain!

The first week in February I made Pork with Orange and  Peasant Potatoes. The potatoes were delicious. Basically just a fried scalloped potato but delicious nonetheless. They were fried with fresh garlic which gave them great flavor.

The recipe for the pork called for either chops or ribs. I went with ribs because they were on sale. One thing I  learned (or attempted to learn) is how to de-pith and orange. I didn't even know what the pith was. . . I still am not perfectly sure either. I know it is the white part, but I kind of think it includes the thin skin around each slice as well. I don't really know. So after looking online for instructions Lin and I worked on de-pithing the oranges. I definitely need practice on that! The pork was yummy though. Basically it was browned and then the orange slices were placed on top and the whole thing was steamed until the pork was done.
The oranges because surprisingly bitter ( I think just the skin was) but the pork had a sweet, orange flavor. Overall it was pretty delicious.

(This is the only meal I have had the time to make this month so a few weeks were missed)

No comments:

Post a Comment