Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 3 & 4

Since I am working to catch up I am going to post these two weeks together.

On Jan 22 I made Beef Stroganoff which is a common Russian dish and a Beet Caviar appetizer. I love beets but I felt like the seasoning the recipe called for overshadowed the earthy taste beets have. It was much to strong, so I didn't like it much and Lin doesn't like beets at all. So probably not making that again. The Stroganoff was delicious. Nothing too different from how I learned to make it originally. A lot of people around here seem to use ground beef but in the real thing you use a cut of meat (I used flat-iron) and cut it into pieces. It tastes a lot better that way I think.

The next week I made Chicken in Garlic and Sourcream. It was also delicious and as Lin said, "This is the most likely to fit in our usual meal selection" The only thing I would have done differently from the recipe is use skinless chicken. The skin didn't really brown up and it was kind of soft and blubbery. Yuck!

So that wraps up our month in Eastern Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment