Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Lin!

Lin's birthday was on the 13th (Friday the 13th). Work got done early so he got home around 1 PM I had a bunch of presents for him which he loved. Most of them were things he needed or had asked me for such as a leatherman (that was the main gift), socks (very needed), swimming shorts, basketball shorts, key chain consecrated oil vile, and the two that really surprised him a Best of Journey CD and a Survivor Greatest Hits CD. Since it is the end of summer and back to school all the clothes were on sale. So I even kept a good budget :)


That night we went miniature golfing at Cascade. Lin was winning by a lot on the front 9 but I did really well on the back nine. I even got a hole-in-one on the 17th hole. After 17 we added up to see where we were. I was down by 1 (53-54) They don't score it the same as normal golf or even like Trafalga. We played the last hole and I was lucky enough to make it in the 2nd ring, while Lin made it in the 3rd. This meant he got 1 point while I got 2. So we after all that we tied at 55.
After that we ate at Gandolfos and went home and watched a movie.

On Saturday Lin went tubing down the Provo River with some of his siblings. While he was gone I made his cake, or attempted to. I have the worst time trying to get cakes out of pans, despite greasing, flouring the pan, allowing the exact cool down time, allowing extra cool down time, nothing works (but yet I try). This is Lin's cake after I got both cakes out of the pans.
It was really terrible looking and most of the middle is just crumbles. Nothing a little icing won't fix right?
It didn't turn out too bad (on the outside) but it was still a little lumpy.

 I made Lin a special birthday dinner and tried to make it especially good, because I made him fend for himself for a week while I was in California. I decided to bbq steaks, potatoes, corn on the cob, squash, and then I decided to throw a little shrimp in there because Lin rarely eats sea food because I don't like it at all.
He was very excited and we ended up with way too much food, so we didn't break into the cake.








After dinner we went and watched the Salem fireworks. We were right under them close enough that we were getting hit with ashes or shrapnel as my brother in law calls it. It was a great end to the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment