So since I am going to have a crazy, busy schedule once school starts I am determined to be organized and stick with my organization throughout the semester. I went to get a planner today; it seems like I usually get one and use it for a month or two and then stop. I have decided it is because I am more of a fan of a month calendar and to do lists. I can't do the daily planner, but I can't seem to find a calender big enough I can actually use it for a whole month, but portable and usable. After searching Walmart, Kmart and online, I found an awesome site where I can design my own monthly calendar and print it off. So my plan is to print off at least the months through this semester, put them in some sort of binder that is convenient to use and then somehow attach a note pad or sticky note pad to the binder for my to do lists. I think this could possibly work.
Another thing I am trying to organize and plan are meals so that I don't have to come home and figure out what we have, what I want, then make sure we have all the ingredients, etc, etc. I was just going to put it on my monthly calendar, but while searching the internet I found this awesome website with free templates for about any sort of planner/calendar you could want from meals, to classes, to work shifts, immunizations, you name it. I like the way their meal planner is set up. They have a few different versions some even have grocery lists attached. I think I will be trying out a few styles to find which one works best for me. Right now I am thinking their two week planner with using my own "attached" note pad for my grocery list that way I don't have to take a full sheet of paper to the store. For those of you who like to use computers for everything they also have some meal planners connected with Excel that have drop down menus so you can just put the menu together really quickly.
Here is their website if you want to take a look
http://www.vertex42.com/
I am really excited to get going on this and hope that I can stick with it first off, and that it will actually make my life a little less hectic, less stressful, and more organized.
okay...I love you. I love anything that has the words, excel, dropdown, and organziation in it. I am so excited to try out some of these tools.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing what you found...and good luck staying organized.