Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Musical Families
So I forgot to share a very funny story from my trip to Stockton. At the Hungarian Party on Saturday night they played a game during the dance review. The Hungarian teachers brought 8 chairs into the middle of the room then asked for volunteers to play the game. I went in to the middle along with 31 other people. Each of us was handed a card. On the card there was a Hungarian Sur name and either Father, Mother, Sister, or Brother. They matched us up in our "families" and each family had to sit on a chair in the order of father, mother, brother, sister. Each person sat on the lap of the person before them. I was a father at the beginning so I was on the bottom. Then they had us all stand back up and said we would start the game. The basic idea is like musical chairs, there is one less chair and you want to get on a chair when the music stops. The difference was that as the music played you walked around the chairs in any direction trading cards with the people you passed. When the music stopped you looked at your card and had to find your family. No one in a family could sit down until the whole family was together and you had to sit in that same order F,M,B,S. It was super chaotic because everyone is shouting out the name of the family they are looking for. I managed to make it to the final round. When the music ended I had a father card. It is amazing how hard it is to gather 4 out of 8 people, in the same area the other 4 are trying to gather. Also adding to the fun was the fact that the Hungarian teachers kept moving the chair every time one family got close to sitting down this meant everyone from both families rushed over to the chair and everyone was all mixed up again. Cricket (my square dance partner) was the father of the other family. My family finally got separated and right then the chair got moved. Cricket and her family rushed after it and as she was sitting down I sat down too. So we both are on the chair screaming at our families to sit down. It ended with all 8 of us on this one chair. It was pretty hilarious and I am glad I didn't push Cricket all the way off the chair, and I am glad they picked strong chairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome story!
ReplyDelete