So I just felt like writing. I don't really have much to say, but maybe something will come out as I type :) I am finally getting over this cold that I have had. It will be one week tomorrow. I had forgotten how horrible it is to be sick since it had been around 9 months since I was last sick. Today was the first day my nose and eyes weren't watering uncontrollably. It was great. I could actually concentrate in class.
Speaking of school, this term (yes its only 7 weeks counting finals) is going to be interesting. I am taking 10 credits which is the equivalent of 20 credits in a normal semester. Health 100 Intro to Public Health is like taking a high school course again because it is the intro to the major and only 1 credit. Most of the class is based on attendance and readings. Health 420 Injury & Violence Prevention is so far kind of common sense. The difference between intentional and unintentional injuries and that even though they are commonly called accidents they aren't accidents because they can be prevented. Health 439 Program Planning and Evaluation is a combination of my two group work classes from last semester (social marketing and methods of health promotion). Basically we research, form, and write a proposal for an intervention of some sort figuring out marketing and cost, etc. I will be honest I am not super excited about this class I am sick of group work papers. 5-6 people is just too many without a boss farming out assignments. (I will stop my ranting there, but if you want more just call me up and ask me about group work). My last class is Health 310 Chronic Disease and Prevention, this will probably be my toughest class because it will move super fast and is pretty technical. However sometimes really hard classes excite me. Hopefully I will be able to balance all of these and not go totally crazy, but if I disappear for awhile you will know why.
Today I was reading in the Daily Universe (BYU's newspaper) and there was an article about journal writing. It was talking about what makes a journal valuable for future readers. I have always struggled to write in a journal, but I feel that this blog is somewhat of a journal, although I don't write everyday I do keep track of events in my life both big and small. Perhaps that is why I am writing now. . . .
I feel like life is at such a weird spot right now. It can be so hard, yet wonderful. Most days Lin and I don't really see each other, and when we do, one of us (or both of us) are tired or stressed so we usually get annoyed really easily. Luckily we both know that we love each other and it isn't our fault that the other person is ornery. Yet despite this we are on the cusp of something more, something better. We are both so excited for the future. I will be graduating in 8 months and will hopefully find a full-time job, with benefits. Then we won't be living paycheck to paycheck (something that stresses me out quite a bit), and when I will come home I won't have homework (meaning I can actually relax at home). If I make enough Lin can go part time and focus on school so he can get out of his manual labor job. Then we can start a family, get a house and live happily ever after. . . ok so I know it probably won't work out exactly like we plan, but the future is so near, and I feel like school has been such a long endeavor, good but long. I am ready for the next adventure in my life.
Well if you are still reading, thanks. . .
If you don't keep a journal, at least you blog. Keep it up! And good job spelling ornery right! xoxo
ReplyDelete