So by now it is old news that we have had tons of snow this SPRING but here are the pictures I took of the storm on April 2nd. For those of you who don't have facebook I posted this story on there because it was hilarious. Around 6 AM I woke up to a loud crashing noise. In my half awake mind I thought we were under attack, or that our trailer was splitting apart (that's how loud this noise was). I turned over and saw Lin hovering over me. I must of had a look of terror on my face, because thats how I felt. Lin grabbed me by the shoulders and tried to calm me down. I however couldn't understand his repeated phrase of "its ok." as he shook me. I was still not fully awake and I thought he was still asleep as well. (Lin sometimes acts things out when he is asleep, its kind of creepy). I was worried that he didn't realize he was holding me and might hit me or something (no this has never happened I was just so terrified anything seemed possible.) Finally I screamed and woke myself up. Besides losing some heartbeats we were both okay. I couldn't go back to sleep however and was lying there awake a little while later I heard a sound just like our front door opened and closed. For those who don't know our screen door sticks and is very loud when it finally opens. I jumped a mile at the noise because i was still on edge. I woke Lin up and made him go check it out. The door was closed and locked and no one was in our house. Finally I just got out of bed. Still paranoid. I looked outside and this is what I saw.
We think these branches are the ones that sounded like the door opening
For all of the problems it caused it still looked so beautiful.
Luckily we didn't have any damage: not on the car, no windows broken, and our trailer is still hanging strong. Here are all the branches after the snow had melted.
These are the ones that were on the car.
This is the culprit that caused all of the ruckus in the morning. It doesn't look as thick in the picture as it really was.
That same day that all the snow melted I came home to see this in my front yard.
So beautiful and springy, like the snow was never there.
No comments:
Post a Comment